Sunday, October 31, 2010

Publication



To create a publication under the title 10 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT...
using one of ten categories.

My choice of category was Hobbies, namely cupcake baking. My idea was to compare women to cupcakes. Through research, I read up on how women in the past were expected to be ‘perfect housewives’ and there were certain rules they had to follow. 

Although, I didn't really focus on the details but more on the imagery of these women. It reminded me of pin-ups as well as retro-style pictures of women baking and that is where my concept began. In this publication booklet I created two recipes; one for the ‘perfect woman’ and the other for the perfect cupcake. Included are poems, rhymes, and decor that address both women and cupcakes. My paper stock also helped bring through my concept, as I used matte laminating which gave it that waxy feel of baking, as well as I have placed sheets of wax paper between each page for effect.


Front Cover
Packaging


No comments:

Post a Comment